Five tips for a smooth transition back to reality:
1) Sleep – Getting back into the school time bedtime before back to school will help everyone get back in the routine more easily. Moving bedtime back a few minutes every night helps make it easier to adjust back to an earlier bedtime. Making sure everyone has a comfortable mattress will keep them in their own beds through the night, giving everyone a better start to the day.
2) Schedule – Summer is full of fun and we tend to be on a very different schedule than in the school year. Start to look at the fall calendar and get your kids involved in the things they can help out with like making their own lunches and packing their snacks and water bottle. Having good choices for lunch and snack foods in labeled baskets makes it easy for kids to do it themselves.
3) Shop – Focus on what your kids really need for back to school, stick to the list and find deals on summer clothes on clearance for the perfect first day outfit. For example fall clothes are very tempting but they can wait until the weather gets cooler.
4) Save – Get that chores list back out and see how your kids can be active and earn those pricier items they “must have”. If there is a new pair of shoes, an above budget back pack or maybe a new laptop, kids can help out around the house and earn those “nice to have” items.
5) Smart – Get everything you need, stick to your budget and why use some of your points for back to school items or earn points too that you can use in the future, holiday season is coming soon! Maybe even get yourself a little something fun, parents deserve it!
Breakfast Television Montreal – Avoiding the chaos of back to school reality
Global News Saskatoon – GLOBAL NEWS MORNING SASKATOON
GLOBAL WINNIPEG – THREE TIPS TO MAKE BACK-TO-SCHOOL EASIER ON KIDS AND PARENTS FROM A WINNIPEG EXPERT
CTV Kitchener – Back to School
CTV Ottawa – From Summer to School