Keep your kids busy with this three part fun activity!
Part 1: Make the Dino Eggs
Part 2: Hunt for the Dino Eggs
Part 3: Hatch the Dino Eggs
Great fun for the whole family!
You will need:
o Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
o Food colouring
o White vinegar
o Casserole dish or container
o Dish soap
o Dinosaur toys
o Parchment paper
▪ Rubber gloves
▪ Safety glasses
• One box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda will make about 3 eggs (depending on the size of your
• Add drops of food colouring to Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and carefully mix
o We recommend using gloves so that the dye doesn’t stain your hands
• Once the Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is coloured, carefully add ¼ cups of water
o Add slowly and mix thoroughly until it becomes a paste-like texture
o TIP: Add sparkles or glitter!
• Take a palmful of the paste and squish into a ball, then press in one of the dinosaurs
• Add more paste to the top and sides until the entire dinosaur is encased. Place your dinosaur
egg on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set in the freezer
• Leave them in the freezer for about an hour or until frozen
• When you are ready for the big hatching, set the Arm & Hammer Baking Soda dinosaur eggs in a
o TIP: Use a casserole dish so you can see the egg hatching from all sides
• Dribble some dish soap on the bottom of the bowl
• Pour some vinegar in a cup or bowl and give the kids each a syringe
• Squirt your baking soda dinosaur egg to start them hatching!
This post is sponsored by Arm and Hammer, but as always the fun and opinions are all ours!