The wintery weather may be putting a damper on plans but that doesn’t mean fun can’t be had with the family at-home. Here are a few fun DIY activities that will keep the kids and adults entertained regardless of the snowy conditions!
Enjoy hours of fun with this simple and fun activity for kids! This recycled POP ROCKET is awesome and super easy for kids to make!
– @armandhammer baking soda
– white vinegar
– toilet paper
– plastic bottle
• Fill an empty plastic water bottle with 1 cm of vinegar.
• Arm & Hammer Baking Soda can be used for fun and simple STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) experiments for kids to enjoy at home with adult supervision.
• Pour ARM & HAMMERTM Baking Soda onto a sheet of toilet paper and then gather and twist the corners to form a little package.
• When you’re ready, quickly drop the ARM & HAMMERTM Baking Soda toilet paper package into the bottle.
• and place a cork in opening.
• Hold the bottle, cork facing upwards and angle the bottle so that the cork will not fly
• Watch as the cork flies off like a rocket!
For added fun paint and decorate your rockets and see who’s can fly the farthest!
Keeping the kids busy is a full time job, here are some easy and FUN ideas for 14 Days of PLAY!14-Days-of-Play-Printable-2
Make Easter a little sweeter this year, with these three ideas for the young and young at heart.
Wee Ones – Have your little ones join you in the kitchen and have them help create something yummy and special for Easter brunch. This simple Lemon and Wild Blueberry Swirl Cake recipe is perfect to measure out in advance and quickly with wee ones. Watch their little faces light up with pride as they present their swirl cake to their family.
Tweens and Teens – They may claim to be too old to hunt for eggs but they definitely still love Easter treats. An Easter Sundae Bar is a fun and decadent way to make a Easter a whole lot sweeter. Set out bowls of Easter treats, fresh berries, sprinkles and Bonne Maman Dulce de Leche caramel spread to top off some classic vanilla ice cream or your favourite.
Grownups – Easter is a lot of fun but it is also a very long days for parents. A Virgin GIN-GIN Strawberry Mule is a refreshing spring cocktail that is easy to make with Bonne Maman Intense Strawberry spread the family can enjoy together, but for the grownups you might want to consider adding a splash of gin. You deserve it!
In partnership with Bonne Maman, I shared these tips with TV audiences on CTV Winnipeg, Global Kingston, CTV Atlantic Canada and CTV Edmonton. Enjoy creating memories with your family this Easter. Happy Easter!
Maureen shared some ideas on The Social to make screen time quality time for kids with these fun virtual activities!
The last few months have been hard, especially for seniors who have been isolated from their families. Grandparents Day is on Sunday September 13th, here are some ideas to show the grandparents and seniors in your life that you love and care for them!
- From The Heart – Make a gift from the heart that will also help grandparents! My kids have been tie dying everything and one of their favourite items to dye are masks. They made some special ones to send to their grandparents and great-grandmother.
- I Love You Because – How well do your kids know their grandparents? Here is a fun This or That Quiz to in person or virtually. It’s a simple and fun way to engage multiple generations.
- Pen Pal – There is something exciting to have a letter arrive in the mail. My daughter has been writing back and forth to her grandparents for a year since we moved. Being a Pen Pal to seniors is something everyone can do even if you don’t have your own grandparents. Clorox Canada has partnered with the Caring and Connecting Pen Pal Initiative, a national program that distributes letters of kindness to long-term care homes across the country to help our seniors feel connected and a sense of togetherness.
Clorox is calling on Canadians to share uplifting and positive messages for seniors in Long-Term Care homes using #SupportWithStrength and #grandparentsday. For those that Tweet an uplifting message of kindness, Clorox will compile and turn these messages into letters that will be distributed to residents in Long-Term Care homes via the @CandCInitiative.This-or-That-GRANDPA
Let’s make Dad feel extra special this year with a day full of laughs, his faves and a special memory gift of the day to show him just how much he is loved this Father’s Day! Check out the great ideas parenting expert Maureen Dennis and her kids shared on tv!